Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby update

We had a prenatal appointment on Friday and everything seems to be going well--I'm measuring a bit ahead, which is normal for me and could mean the baby might come a bit earlier than its due date, and my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat and all of it are right on target.

And I'm feeling a lot of movement these days.

Even so, this is a worrisome period for me. I'm 29 weeks, and Day died at 31. Every day I feel a bit fearful and anxious about whether or not this baby will make it. I have it in my head that maybe I will start feeling "safe" again when I get to about 34 or 36 weeks...basically, the further I get from 31 weeks the better I think I'll feel. We'll see. In any case, the next 5 weeks or so feel dicey, and those 5 weeks include some travel for me, a trip that takes Rob away for 4 days, and a 10-day vacation for our midwives, so all of that just contributes to the worry. Send your most protective thoughts!

In other news, we are in the midst of yet another snowstorm bringing a foot of snow. Another snow day for Willa. I think it's our fourth such snowstorm in as many weeks. I think we've had about 85 inches so far this winter!

Spring has to come eventually. And hopefully, with it, this baby, alive and well. Both things feel somewhat unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment